Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weekend in San Francisco

Hey all,

So I had a really fun trip to San Francisco this last weekend. Drove down with my fella, then stayed with my best girl Emily (you may remember her from my very first post)... we had such a great time!

First, Em and I went to Stowe Lake in Golden Gate Park. We used the paddleboats to float around the lake for about an hour.

Lovely Stowe Lake
 My legs actually got tired from peddling around!  And it was hot as heck out there in the sun... luckily we had put sunscreen on, so only ended up with a few strange patches of sunburn here and there.  All in all, a lovely experience that I would like to repeat as soon as possible! 


I enjoyed a refreshing popcicle after our boating trip.

After our adventure on the water, we took the N Judah train to Embarcadero to see the Ferry Building.  I had never been to this wonderful market, but I will be sure to visit it again.  It was a wonderland of food and fun!  For some food pics, be sure to visit my new foodie blog, Franny Eats.

The next day, Matt joined back up with me and Em, and her fella Joe, and we went to the Cliff House for lunch.  It was so neat out there!  And the history of the place is just amazing.  We've been thinking about the Sutro Baths and Playland ever since. 


The Cliff House
This lovely lady was in the Sutro Bath House in the 1920s

So it was a really fun trip, although a few more days would have been great!  It's pretty neat how I started this blog right before I started hanging out with Matt.  Now I can't imagine my life without him.  He means the world to me, and I am so lucky to have him.  So I'll finish this post with a super cute picture of us. 


Love you handsome!
xoxo
S.R.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment