Monday, August 8, 2011

Preservation Society

Canning is making a comeback.  Everywhere you look, new enthusiasm in pop culture and advertising focusing on the home-canned lifestyle.  I love it.  So I did a little search on one of my favorite sites... Etsy!! 

Clear canning jar pendant chandelier wedding celebration eco friendly
Canning Jar Chandelier by CoveyleeLighting

Blazing Hearts - Cute Clusters Summer Nights Sparkling Pendant Lights - Eco Friendly Festive Wedding Swag Light- Original BootsNGus Design
Blazing Hearts by BootsNGus

NEW: 6 Hand Stamped Ball Jar Love Cards
Hand Stamped Ball Jar Love Cards by Donda Lee's

I'm determined to learn how to can.  Matt has an enormous blackberry bush in his back yard and we've been picking the berries and collecting them.  I think we'll have to can some, and then bake with the others.



I think the Ball Canning and Preservation site is going to be helpful.  I'll have to take pictures when I begin the canning process.  I have a feeling it's going to be lovely!  And pickles are next.  I love pickles!


xoxo
S.R.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment