Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthday Fun!

So my 30th birthday was on Friday, and it was quite a special one thanks to my family, friends, and Matt.

The festivities began Thursday night with appetizers, drinks, and dinner at the Looking Glass House.  We started with the baked brie.

Delicious! A favorite element was the roasted garlic.
Mom treated me to a really delicious birthday cake from Ramone's Bakery.  It's one of my favorite flavors, Pink Champagne.

Super! The candles have also been a tradition.  :)
Mom also treated me to a lovely bouquet of flowers.  She had them delivered to work.  It was very cute.  She loves to spoil her kids!


Matt spoiled me with some wonderful surprises.  It's hard to decide what the favorite is, but the farmer's market basket was definitely a highlight.  I can't wait to use it!  I'm going to have to start taking advantage of the local Farmer's Market scene.  It looks like the Arcata market opens next week!


So exciting!  I am totally going to go to Farmer's Market, and also stop by Cafe Brio, because I love it there!  I specifically planned a Brio trip on Friday for my birthday so that I could enjoy my favorite treats. I had a ham sandwich on a baguette, ordered two ham and cheese croissants to go, and enjoyed two lovely french macaroons with some iced tea.

A perfect treat!
It was really a wonderful day filled with some of my favorite things, and my favorite people!  The night included a delicious and romantic dinner for two at Brick and Fire bistro, and meeting up with my friends at the new wine bar, 2 Doors Down.

New favorites!  Excited to plan a party for Matt's April birthday next.  Celebrations are what make life fun!

xoxo
S.R.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment