Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Too Many Tomatoes?

So, I made the curried eggplant!  I was so very excited to be chopping vegetables as I enjoyed my wine... I believe that enjoying wine is an essential part of the cooking... that and music.  My soundtrack included M.I.A., Snow Patrol, and Deadmau5.
Step 1: pour the chef a glass of wine

My ingredients were wonderful.  Super fresh cherry tomatoes, lovely basmati rice from the bulk food section at the Co-Op, eggplant (which is one of my newfound beloved vegetables) and fresh basil. 

I discovered that the chopping of cherry tomatoes is slightly tedious.

The recipe says to add 2 cups of water, which seemed to make the veggies very soupy, and seemed to dilute the curry a bit too much.  I may have possibly put too many cherry tomatoes in the pan though... not sure. 



So I cooked it as much as I thought I should, didn't want to overdo the veggies... and I plated my first cooking experiment, along with 1/2 a slice of naan and some plain nonfat Greek yogurt, made by my very favorite yougurt company Zoi.  And voila!  My dinner:


So, I am pleased with my dinner making.  Very pleased!  I also have a feeling that it's going to be even better tomorrow, as the spices soak in and make the veggies more flavorful.  And it looks like I'll have a few more days to figure out whether or not I like this stuff... cuz I have quite a supply of leftovers...


Dinner for the rest of the week!  Seriously!
xoxo
S.R.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment